What Are They?
Polymers are synthetic crystals that are made to hold hundreds of times their own weight in water. They are hard when dry, but swell and soften to a gel when wet. They absorb whatever water comes their way, and hold it, releasing it as needed when the surrounding soil dries. Soil Moist holds 200 times its own weight in water, and releases it gradually into the soil as needed.
Why Should I Use Soil Moist Polymers?
- Because of their ability to absorb and hold many times their weight in water, polymers can provide much needed moisture to plant roots in times of drought.
- They will also absorb nutrients, and slowly release them back into dry soil as they release water.
- They will reduce the need for watering up to 50%
- Addition of polymers helps plants maintain their vigor in all types of conditions
- In addition, as the polymers expand and contract, they loosen and aerate soil, making it easy for plant roots to grow deep.
- Polymers are completely safe and non-hazardous to use.
Where Should I Use Soil Moist Polymers?
- Potted Plants
- Hanging Baskets
- Vegetable Gardens
- New Plantings
- Flower Beds
How Do I Use Soil Moist?
Simply mix into soil according to the package directions. Dispense into the bottom of new planting holes, spread with a spreader before laying sod or grass seed.
Anything Else I Should Know?
Yes! You should know about Mycorrhizal fungi. The fungi improve the ability of plants to utilize the soil resources by ten to hundreds of times.
Mycorrhizal fungi are found in undisturbed soils with other beneficial soil organisms. Today’s common practices such as tillage, site preparation, road and home construction, minind and removal of topsoil can degrade the mycorrhizal forming potential of soil. The fungi improve the ability of plants to utilize the soil resources by ten to hundreds of times.
Soil Moist Transplant contains Mycorrhiza, and is ideal for giving transplants their best start, strengthening them by helping them to fully utilize the soil’s resources.
Check Out Our Selection of Soil Moist Products, for your Healthiest Plants ever!