May 3, 2008 by yardloverblog
If you want to attract Hummingbirds to your yard, here are some good tips.
- Get their attention by tying a red ribbon on your feeder, or on the tree near your feeder.
- Place your feeder near your flower bed or a flowering container plant.
- Hummingbirds are territorial, and will fight over a feeder, so to attract more visitors, put up more than one feeder.
- Keep your feeders clean, and change nectar if it becomes cloudy.
A few plants that attract Hummingbirds are:
- Flowering Tobacco
- Flowering Quince
- Butterfly Bush
- Morning Glory
A couple of things to keep in mind for each spring:
- Keep your feeders in the same place, so returning hummers will find them
- Try to get your feeders out before birds locate other food sources to rely on.